Who we are
Swanage Folk Festival is a voluntary association who organise and run a festival with the object to preserve and advance public education in the appreciation of English & Multicultural folk dance, song and music, by means of concerts, dances, classes, demonstrations and other like methods, in the town of Swanage, Dorset.
Our privacy principles
We know that your privacy is very important to you. We will look after any personal information that you share with us.
We want everyone who supports us, to feel confident about how any personal information they share will be looked after or used. You can be confident that:
- We only use personal information in the ways we need to and that is expected of us. This means using your contact details to send you news, information and opportunities in relation to the Swanage Folk Festival
- We will keep you up to date with our work, including future events and fundraising activities.
- But, we only use your personal information to do this if you have previously told us that’s OK.
- We will make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you, including how to opt out from future communications – and we promise your request will respected straight away.
- We will never share your personal information with anyone else or any other organisations.
- We take all reasonable care to safeguard your personal information through security policies and secure business processes.
- We will always provide easy ways for you to contact us.
How we collect personal information about you
We may collect personal information from you when you interact with Swanage Folk Festival. This can happen in a number of ways, for example:
- if you enquire about, or purchase a ticket to, one of our events
- if you apply for a volunteering opportunity
- if you are an artist or trader taking part in our annual festival.
This may be when you phone us, write to us, go onto our website, through the post, or in person.
What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include your contact details such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details (if you are making a purchase or donation), as well as information you provide in any correspondence between us. If you contact us about volunteering we will also collect details about your preferences for work opportunities.
How do we use personal information?
We will only use your personal information to update you on news and opportunities relating to the Swanage Folk Festival.
We’d like to keep our all valued supporters up to date with developments at Swanage Folk Festival. So, to update you on what we’re doing and ask whether you’d be able to support us, we’d like to keep in touch with you (by post, phone, email, text and other electronic means).
Who sees your personal information?
The personal information we collect about you will be used by the Swanage Folk Festival.
We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations.
Your Information Security
We take the security of your personal information seriously.
We’ve implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
We only keep your data as long as is reasonable and necessary, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations.
Your personal information is kept securely in our databases and festival files.
Any debit or credit card details which we receive on our website are passed securely to our payment processing partner, according to the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
How to update or access your personal information
You may ask us at any time to update your details, correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by:
Swanage Folk Festival